Submissions to the 36th edition of AsoloArtFilmFestival – Asolo International Festival of Film on Art and Artist’s Biographies – are now open. The Festival will take place in Asolo (TV) from the 4th to the 10th of June 2018.
The contest, distinguished into the three sections (“Films on Art”, “New Visions” and “Akademie”), is divided into 10 categories.
1. Films on Art – categories:
- Feature Films on Art for works related to every form of art, more than 45′
- Short Films on Art for works related to every form of art, less than 45′
- Feature Artist’s Biographies for works of historical reconstruction and critical interpretation on personalities from the art world, more than 45′
- Short Artist’s Biographies for works of historical reconstruction and critical interpretation on personalities from the art world, lessthan 45′
- Feature Films on Architecture, Design and Territory for works related to history, movements, protagonists, works and projects of the architecture and design world, or that document the harmonious development of the territory and its contradictions, more than 45′
- Short Fims on Architecture, Design and Territory for works related to history, movements, protagonists, works and projects of the architecture and design world, or that document the harmonious development of the territory and its contradictions, less than 45′.
2. New Frames – categories:
- Video Art for works using traditional or computer technologies as a tool of artistic expression.
- Animated Films for animation works made using any techniques.
- Music Videos for videoclips of remarkable artistry, able to interpret the emotional and narrative vocation of audiovisual production.
3. Akademie – category:
- Productions of Film Schools for works related to art in all its forms, made by film schools, specialized institutes and universities.
Only works produced after the 1st of January 2016 are eligible for the contest.
If the film is not in Italian or in English it must have Italian or English subtitles. Should subtitles be missing when required, the film will automatically be excluded from the competition.
HOW TO TAKE PART
To enter the contest there is an administrative fee of € 20,00. The fee must be paid by bank transfer to the following account:
- Beneficiary: Asolo Art Film Festival
- IBAN: IT49L0874961820023000825178
- BIC: ICRAITRRKT0
The payment of the administrative fee validates the participation to the contest. In case the film submitted is not selected, the fee will not be refunded.
To enter the contest it is mandatory to send at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The Entry Form filled, dated and signed
- A digital copy or a link to a video channel (YouTube, Vimeo etc.), where it is possible to watch the film
- A copy of the adm fee’s payment
- At least 4 JPEG or PNG images of the film and/or frames of parts of the film;
- One JPEG o PNG photo of the director
Alternatively, it is possible to subscrit via Withoutabox.com.
A Selection Committee will make a selection of the submitted works. The decision of the Selection Committee will not be disputable.
The outcome of the selection will be published on-line on the website www.asoloartfilmfestival.com and the authors of the selected films will be personally informed of their admission to the contest by sending a notice to the email address provided at the time of registration: all subscribers are required to promptly notify any changes of their e-mail address.
The authors of the selected works must send a copy of their work suitable for screening no later than one month after the communication of the selection has been made, risk the exclusion from the Competition.
Movies can be sent with one of the following ways:
- link to a video channel (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.), that allows to download the movie in high definition and without ad impressions
- high-definition electronic format, to be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com
- DVD, to be sent to: ASOLO ART FILM FESTIVAL, Via Corte Maggiore n. 24/2 – 31044 Montebelluna (TV).
The organization of the Festival will not take responsibility for any issue related to the reception of the files. Shipping fees for the DVD copies are paid by the participants. The copies of the work submitted for the selection will not be returned, but will become part of the AsoloArtFilmFestival’s archive created for educational, cultural and informative purposes as well as to give all works the most visibility possible.
The screening calendar will be announced after receipt of all the materials, in order to allow the directors to be present during the screening of their films.
JURY AND AWARDS
The Festival Jury will consist of five members chosen by the Organizing Committee on a list of International experts.
The Jury will award the films selected for the contest with the following prizes:
- Asolo Grand Award for the Best Film
- Asolo Award for the Best Feature Film on Art
- Asolo Award for the Best Short Film on Art
- Asolo Award for the Best Feature Artist’s Biography
- Asolo Award for the Best Short Artist’s Biography
- Asolo Award for the Best Feature Film on Architecture, Design and Territory
- Asolo Award for the Best Short Film on Architecture, Design and Territory
- Asolo Award for the Best Video Art Work
- Asolo Award for the Best Animated Film
- Asolo Award for the Best Music Video
- Asolo Award for the Best Work of Film Schools, Institutes, Universities
- Gian Francesco Malipiero Award for the Best Original Soundtrack
The Jury can also decide to assign honorable mentions to other competing works, if particularly worthy.
The decision of the Jury will not be disputable.
By participating to the contest, the copyright owners authorize irrevocably the screening of their work during the 36th edition of AsoloArtFilmFestival; they also authorize, for the sole purposes of the promotion of the Festival, the inclusion of short sequences for a maximum length of 3 minutes of the work in nation and international TV news and the Internet (Youtube, Vimeo etc.). Moreover, the Festival claims the right to put its logo and add some subtitles to the short sequences if necessary.
The works sent for the contest will not be duplicated, copied, screened outside the official locations of the 36th edition of AsoloArtFilmFestival, except for the copies necessary for the screenings during the Festival and for further free and non-commercial screenings of the integral work for educational, cultural and promotional purposes.
The copyright owners authorize the publication of their data on the website www.asoloartfilmfestival.com and in the catalogue of AsoloArtFilmFestival, and the sharing of this information with press organizations for promotional purposes. As well they authorize the subscription to the Festival mailing list according to the legal regulations.
Personal data will be treated according to the legislative decrete of Italian Law n. 196 of 30.06.2003 about privacy and subsequent modifications and integrations and will not be disclosed to third parties. By communicating their e-mail address the participants give their permission to share it with third parties only for exchanging information regarding AsoloArtFIlmestival.
The undersigned declares that the work is original and unpublished and that he has not used the material of already existing works (literary, musical, multimedia or otherwise) made by another author or protected by copyrights of others. It is their duty to protect the work under the current legislation of copyright. They also declare that the work does not infringe on the rights of third parties in accordance with law 633/1941 and that it has no defamatory contents. In this regard, they exempt the Festival’s organizers from any liability and claim advanced by third parties with regard to the work presented in the competition. They declare that they have no pretension for uses that will be made of the presented work related to the competition.
The understanding of this document is bound to the Italian and the English version.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Competition Announcement shall be decided in accordance with the Court of Treviso jurisdiction (Italy).
Participation to the contest implies full acceptance of the Regulations.
AAFF – AsoloArtFilmFestival 2018