Asolo International Festival of Film on Art and Artist’s Biographies
CALL FOR ENTRIES 2018
From the 4th to the 10th of June 2018 Asolo International Festival of Film on Art and Artist’s Biographies, the oldest festival dedicated to the relationships between cinema and figurative arts, will be back in Asolo (Italy).
Submissions to the 36th edition of AsoloArtFilmFestival are now open
AAFF is the result of the prestigious festival founded in 1973 by Flavia Paulon and has always been attentive to documenting the latest developments in the field of video language research. The AAFF competition is so divided into two sections, shared by the common focus on art cinema:
- Fims on Art: for the best movies inspired by art, in all its forms (painting, sculpture, architecture, photography, graphics and illustration, design, literature, music, theater, dance , cinema, fashion, street art, media & digital art, etc.).
- New Frames: for experimental works on video languages, exploring unusual ways of narrating art through images (video art, mash-ups, animations, music videos, etc.).
To provide an adequate visibility to the work of the youngest filmmakers and to propose a preview of the creative energies that pass through our time, there is also a section dedicated to the works of the International Cinema Schools.
The International Jury will assign the following prizes:
- Asolo Grand Award for the Best Film
- Asolo Award for the Best Feature Film on Art
- Asolo Award for the Best Short Film on Art
- Asolo Award for the Best Feature Artist’s Biography
- Asolo Award for the Best Short Artist’s Biography
- Asolo Award for the Best Feature Film on Architecture, Design and Territory
- Asolo Award for the Best Short Film on Architecture, Design and Territory
- Asolo Award for the Best Video Art Work
- Asolo Award for the Best Animated Film
- Asolo Award for the Best Music Video
- Asolo Award for the Best Work of Film Schools
- Gian Francesco Malipiero Award for the Best Original Soundtrack
The Jury can also decide to assign honorable mentions to other competing works, if particularly worthy.
HOW TO TAKE PART
Only works produced after the 1st of January 2016 are eligible for the contest.
It is possible to take part at the competition through the free service withoutabox.com.
. Alternatively, it is mandatory to send to firstname.lastname@example.org the following materials:
- The entry form filled, dated and signed
- The copy of the registration fee’s payment of 20.00 EURO
- A digital copy of the movie or the link for viewing through one of the video platforms (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.)
- At least four JPEG or PNG images of distinct frames and / or scene artwork
- A photograph of the director, in JPEG or PNG format
The deadline for the submission is February, 28/2018.
Take part to the competition involves the acceptance of the Festival Regulations, which can be consulted at this link.
For more information write to email@example.com
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.